LIVING upon the NATURE
We are currently asked about how to define “Nature”.
For instance, “Anthropocene” means a new stratum formed by the activity of mankind which has a significant influence on the global environment, such as massive emissions of carbon dioxide and large-scale reclamation. It has been advocated as a geological time after the Holocene. How should we live on such an unstable Earth which is susceptible to human influence?
Design for Ecological Democracy by Randolph T. Hester (Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press, 2006) lets us think about the relationship between nature and human activity by simultaneously considering ecology and democracy.
We must also think about living with changes in the weather, such as global warming, torrential downpours, and bomb cyclones.
Therefore, we have decided “LIVING upon the NATURE” as this theme. It might be referred to problems around you. Once again, think about what nature is and what life is. We are looking forward to your proposals.
|| Ryue Nishizawa / Professor at Yokohama National University, Y-GSA (Yokohama Graduate School of Architecture)., SANAA., Office of Ryue Nishizawa [ Chairman ]
Akihisa Hirata / Professor at Kyoto University., akihisa hirata architecture office
Yasutaka Yoshimura / Professor at Waseda University
Tatsuya Hatori / General Maneger, Design Section of Architectural Design Department, Nikken Sekkei LTD
Ryuji Fujimura / Associate Professor at Tokyo University of the Arts., RFA
Yukihiro Sohdai / President, Nisshin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
||First Prize [one] 1,000,000yen
Second Prize [one] 500,000yen
Third Prize [one] 300,000yen
Merit Prize [eight] 100,000yen each
(Total prizes amount : 2,600,000yen. All above prize money includes income tax.)
A registration number will be issued by e-mail after the registration form is properly completed.
- One registration number is only valid for one submission.
- For multiple submissions, register multiple times to receive individual registration number for each submission.
- The Competition office cannot make any changes on the registration form for the participants, if any changes or mistakes in registration occur, re-registration is required.
- All works should represent the theme just by drawings or pictures. Explanation in words should be kept to a minimum.
- Drawings can be block plan, floor plan, elevation view, cross-section view, perspective view, model photo, etc.
- You may use blue print, pencil, ink, color, photos, print etc. at your discretion.
- Use ONE SHEET of thick Drawing paper (like Kent paper) of A2-Size (420mm x 594mm). Thin paper such as imitation vellum-paper should not be used since easy to break when opening the envelope.
- Paneled or framed WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
■Notation of registration number:
Specify your registration number on the FRONT BOTTOM RIGHT of your submission using 30 POINT SIZE letters or more. (Please refer to the picture below)
- Only your registration number should be listed on the front side of your submission.
- Paste the application form on the BACK SIDE of your submission.
【 Front Side 】
Please specify your registration number starting with N on the bottom right side.
【 Back Side 】
Please print and paste the application form.
■Address for Submission:
Nisshin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
Attn. : Design Competition Office
2F, 2-23-4 Senju-Azuma, Adachi-ku, Tokyo, 120-0025, Japan
Phone : +81-3-3882-2613
- Submissions will be accepted ONLY THROUGH MAIL DELIVERY. UPS, EMS, DHL or any other overseas mailing service will be accepted.
Hand, Bike/bicycle courier deliveries, or data files sent online will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Submissions can be packed in any form, though preferred to be sent flat to avoid rolling or damage.
- All cost for submission such as shipping, delivery, tax, insurance etc. will be borne by the entrant.
- If any charges or payment occurs when arriving at the competition office, the submission will be returned to the sender or to be held at the shipping company by sender’s expense.
- Competition office will not be responsible for any lost submission while shipping.
- Confirmation for submission arrival will not be answered by the competition office.
- The sponsors will not answer any questions about the theme.
- All entries should not have been published or shown to public before in whole or in part including social media.
- Entries should not have been submitted simultaneously to any other competitions. Entries submitted to other competitions will be disqualified.
- Competition entries must not infringe the copyright of any other works either in whole or in part. For example do not use images from magazines, books or websites.
- If suspicion of infringement is found, the winning prize will be revoked by the sponsors.
- If infringement or any other problem is found after announcement of the winning prizes, all the relevant responsibilities must be assumed by the entrants.
- Change of application contents by the entrant after winning announcement will not be accepted.
- Do not publish your submission in any form in whole or in part including social media until after the winners are announced on the competition web site.
- The winners must not publish the winning works in anyway including social media until public announcement is made in the SHINKENCHIKU magazine.
- Copyrights on the entries will remain to the property of the entrants, but the sponsors will reserve the right to publish the winning entries in magazines and other media.
- Competition entries will not be returned.
- Travel expenses for attending the award ceremony is borne by the entrant.
- Any other questions not listed in this competition page will be answered by e-mail only.